Weighing Machine License Renewal Procedure in India – An Overview
The weighing machine is a Device that calculates the weight of the products, and it is readily available in the market on a vast scale. These are commonly used in commerce for all items packaged & sold through weight. Weighing machines are also used in industry for producing foods, agricultural products and commodities, dairy products, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, etc. Weighing machines are generally required for several applications and various design parameters, for example, different types, sizes & capacities.
Legal Metrology Department
In India, the Directorate of Legal Metrology Act is one of the independent wings under the Authority of Consumer Affairs, Food and Civil Supplies. The Government of India imposes the Legal Metrology Act & Rules by the Director at the centre, who in turn representative his powers to the Controllers of the States for adequate enforcement of the provisions of the Acts & Rules.
An Overview of Weighing Machine License Renewal
Anyone manufacturing the weighing machine must hold a License to manufacture the same as per Section 23 under Legal Metrology Act, 2009. Weighing the same Machine License Renewal is also mandatory, as once the license expires, it is no use. Must renew The license of the weighing machine before the expiry of the original one.
The competent authority for renewing the weighing machine is the Deputy Controller of the Legal Metrology Department.
The Law Applicable to Weighing Machine License Renewal
The Legal Metrology Act, 2009 & Legal Metrology Rules, 2011 are the law under which the obtaining and renewal of weighing machine licenses are completed. The basic necessity is that the weighing machine satisfies the metric system established on the international system of units.
As per the Act & Rule, an applicant needs to apply within 30 days before the end of the validity of the license for the renewal. The license is granted or valid for a minimum period of one calendar year and is renewed for five calendar years.
Essential Documents require for Weighing Machine License Renewal.
Following are some important documents that require for the Weighing Machine License Renewal:
- Original Weighing Machine License
- Photographs, according to the requirement
- Applicant ID Proof
- Proof of premises (copy of sale deed/lease deed or allotment letter/property tax receipt)
- Rent receipt/No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the owner
- equipment list
- List of loan articles with verification certificate
- Copy of incorporation of the firm
- Site plan
- MOA & AOA
- List of skilled & unskilled workers with names and addresses
- License renewal fee as prescribed
Important details under the Application of Weighing Machine License Renewal
The details contain under the application of the Weighing Machine License Renewal:
- Managing Partner or
- Managing Director;
- Service Information
- Type of Service,
- Old license number and
- The validity date of license;
- Registration Form Information
- Name of the applicant manufacturing firm
- Type of premises
- Shop/survey/plot/door number
- Pin code
- Date of establishment of workshop/factory
- Classification of establishments
- Management Information: Role of Managing Proprietor or Proprietor including Name, age, father/husband’s Name and address.
- Information on Current Factory/Shop
- Current registration number
- Establishment of municipal trade license date
- Name of panchayat/municipality name
- Current registration number of factory or shop/establishment/ municipality trade license number
- Nature of manufacturing activities
- Types of Weighing Machine
- Tax Information
- Tax type
- Tax number
- Employment Information
- Name of skilled workers
- / semi-skilled workers
- / unskilled workers
- Specialist trained in list
- information of machinery, tools & accessories used and owned for manufacturing weighing machines.
- Report on workshop facilities & testing facilities are available
- Facilities for hardness testing of vital parts
- Information of approval of model received from Government of India
- Weighing Machine according to the license issued
- Information on production & sales in the last five years
- Proposed changes
- Details of Skilled workers
- Name of skilled worker
- Skill in the field
- Certificate of skill
- Next date of renewal
- Applicant Details
- Applicant Aadhar Number
- Applicant name
- Father/husband name
- Pin code
- Mobile no.
Procedure for obtaining Weighing Machine License Renewal
- The applicant fills out the suitable application form for renewal of the weighing machine license
- The applicant applies with the required details & documents
- The applicant must make the payment after submitting the application form for the license renewal.
- The application form for renewal is received by the Deputy Controller of the Department of Legal Metrology along with all the requisite documents
- The Deputy Controller forwards the renewal application form and the documents to the Legal Metrology Officer.
- The concerned Legal Metrology Officer scrutinizes the application and verifies the same with the terms and conditions of the license.
- If any deficiency is noticed in the renewal application, the same is sent to the applicant for resolution.
- Once the applicant resolves, the weighing machine license renewal application form is processed.
- The concerned Legal Metrology Officer prepares a recommendation and forwards it to the Deputy Controller of the Legal Metrology Department for final approval.
- The Deputy Controller accords the final approval and issues the Weighing Machine Renewal License in favour of the applicant.
The Legal Metrology Act and Rules made thereunder define specific licenses for manufacturing or importing the weights and measures instruments or devices. Such licence is issued for weighing machines too. The weighing machine license renewal is also made mandatory by the same law. The applicant files the renewal application 30 days before the expiry of the original license. The validity of the license is for one calendar year, and the truth of the renewed license is for five calendar years. The renewal application must have details of the original license and other information required at the time of grant of the existing or original permit.