MSME Registration stands for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. Small and medium enterprises fall under MSME/SSI Registration category. MSME has a vital role in the growth of Indian economy. Indian economy is majorly dependent upon agriculture and small business. MSME being the backbone of the economy is highly supported by the government. The government of India provides various subsidies, schemes & incentives to MSMEs/SSIs to promote it through MSMED Act. MSMED Act provides for measures for promotion, development, growth, and enhancement of competitiveness of MSME and establishment of National board for MSME.
To avail various benefits, incentives, schemes, and subsidies granted by the government to MSME entrepreneurs need to register themselves as MSME with the concerned department. MSME registration is also important for developing accountability and transparency in the micro, small, and medium enterprises.
1. Priority sector lending.
2. Excise and direct tax exemption.
3. Power tariff subsidies.
4. Capital investment subsidies.
5. Cheaper bank loans(interest rates lower by 1-1.5%).
6. Easy access to credit(Easy loans without credits).
7. Higher preference in respect of government license and certification.
1. Manufacturing enterprises whose investment in plant & machinery is less than 10 crores can register itself as MSME under MSMED Act..
2. Service enterprises should have its investment in plant & machinery less than 5 Crores to register itself as MSME under MSMED Act..
3. In near future, if the amount of investment exceeds the permissible limit, your enterprise will not sum up MSME.
Here are the following types of Co-operative Societies
These are the smallest entities. Investment allowed in the microenterprise for manufacturing enterprise is less than 25 lakh and for service, the enterprise is less than 10 lakh.
Investment allowed for manufacturing enterprise under small enterprise is between 25 lakh to 5 crores, and for service enterprise, it is between 10 lakh to 2 crores.
Medium enterprise allows investment in manufacturing sector between 5 crores to 10 crores and between 2 crores to 5 crores for the service sector.
SSI registration is a complete online procedure. You need a professional to file the registration application and get approval from the department on your behalf. It is not compulsory for companies to register themselves under MSMED Act, but in order to avail benefits granted to MSMEs by the government, it is advisable to companies to register themselves as MSME.
An application for Small scale Interprise registration is prepared and submitted to concerned government department as per applicable regulations and provisions. You also have to provide your personal information along with the application as required for the respective industry they want to continue their business in.