What is MSME Registration / SSI Registration?
MSME stands for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. Small and medium enterprises fall under SSI / MSME Registration category. MSME has a vital role in the growth of Indian economy. Indian economy is majorly dependent upon agriculture and small business. MSME being the backbone of the economy is highly supported by the government. For MSME Registration, The government of India provides various subsidies, schemes & incentives to MSMEs/SSIs to promote it through MSMED Act. MSMED Act provides for measures for promotion, development, growth, and enhancement of competitiveness of MSME and establishment of National board for MSME Registration.
To avail various benefits, incentives, schemes, and subsidies granted by the government to MSME entrepreneurs need to register themselves under SSI Registration / MSME Registration act with the concerned department. MSME registration is also important for developing accountability and transparency in the micro, small, and medium enterprises.
Benefits of MSME Registration / SSI Registration Include-
1. Priority sector lending.
2. Excise and direct tax exemption.
3. Power tariff subsidies.
4. Capital investment subsidies.
5. Cheaper bank loans(interest rates lower by 1-1.5%).
6. Easy access to credit(Easy loans without credits).
7. Higher preference in respect of government license and certification.
Conditions to qualify under MSME Registration Act
1. Manufacturing enterprises whose investment in plant & machinery is less than 10 crores can do MSME registration itself as MSME under MSMED Act.
2. Service enterprises should have its investment in plant & machinery less than 5 Crores can do MSME registration itself as MSME under MSMED Act.
3. In near future, if the amount of investment exceeds the permissible limit, your enterprise will not sum up MSME.
Types of Co-operative Society
Here are the following types of Co-operative Societies
These are the smallest entities. Investment allowed in the microenterprise for manufacturing enterprise is less than 25 lakh and for service, the enterprise is less than 10 lakh.
Investment allowed for manufacturing enterprise under small enterprise is between 25 lakh to 5 crores, and for service enterprise, it is between 10 lakh to 2 crores.
Medium enterprise allows investment in manufacturing sector between 5 crores to 10 crores and between 2 crores to 5 crores for the service sector.
What is SSI registration process?
SSI registration is a complete online procedure. You need a professional to file the SSI registration application and get approval from the department on your behalf. SSI Registration is not compulsory for companies to register themselves under MSMED Act, but in order to avail MSME Registration benefits granted to MSMEs by the government, MSME Registration is advisable to companies to register themselves as MSME.
An application for SSI registration is prepared and submitted to concerned government department as per applicable regulations and provisions. You also have to provide your personal information along with the SSI Registration application as required for the respective industry they want to continue their business in.
Documents Required for SSI Registration
For SSI/MSME Registration
- Copy of Aadhar card of applicant.
- Name of enterprise/business.
- Type of organization you are opting for.
- Copy of PAN card.
- Address proof of registered office address.
- Mobile no. & email address.
- NIC 2 digit code.
- Number of employees.
- Investment in Plant & Machinery / Equipment.
- Certificate of incorporation of your organization.
- Cancelled cheque of current account attached with the business.
- Main business activity of organization.