How to Obtain Fire NOC for Restaurant?
The NOC for Fire Department is granted by the respective states fire service that confirms and checks the resistance of the building or that the building can perceive any fire-related accidents. When all the guidelines are covered, the fire authority will grant the NOC for the residential or commercial building of the applicant. The guidelines may vary from State to State.
The fire NOC for restaurants is compulsory for the fire authorities to comply with the authority’s requirements. The owner of the property where the restaurants are situated, or the property owner does not take adequate measures to comply with the fire department’s requirements.
The Indian Government has taken evaluation to ensure that every building and other similar occupancy has a secure form of NOC of the fire department. Every residential and commercial building, which is more than 12 meters, should have the NOC from the fire department before starting business or operation. Hence, every restaurant needs to obtain NOC from the fire department of their State.
Before issuing NOC, the department conducts a proper inspection to ensure that the restaurant complies with the rules or regulations regarding fire safety. After a successful restaurant inspection, the fire authority granted the required NOC.
The objective of obtaining a Fire NOC for the Restaurant
- NOC is compulsory for anyone carrying any restaurant business as listed by the department of fire services in the respective State.
- This NOC is essential to verify that a restaurant is resistant or unlikeliness to observe any fire-related accident;
- NOC helps in safeguarding the lives & health of people staying and customers of the restaurant.
Indian Standards regarding Fire NOC for Restaurants
The State Authority set the standards related to the fire NOC for restaurants must follow. The standard is set under the BIS requirements and the concerned State Authority. The BIS regularly issues specific standards that need to be followed. The fire authority inspects the fire safety standards before granting the NOC to the restaurants. However, these standards vary from State to State.
Checklist for the Fire NOC for restaurants
The following is the checklist to be taken care of before obtaining the fire NOC for the restaurants:
- Pre-construction Requirements: the applicant fulfills the given requirements before starting the construction of the property for the restaurants:-
- The applicant gives information related to the property, such as name, location, and other needed details.
- The applicant provides the design or the sanction plan and proof of proper fire systems installed.
- After acquiring the application, the department sends a fire safety officer to maintain fire safety compliances. Such inspection is executed after ten days of getting the application.
- A provisional NOC is obtained from the applicant when no issue is discovered.
- Any recommendation or suggestion by the fire authorises taken care of by the applicant. Recommendations are straight away implemented.
- Post Construction Requirements: The applicant executes the following requirements after the construction of the restaurants:-
- The fire department officer executes the requirements of a fire safety audit. The technical officer revisits the restaurant to execute the surveillance related to the property.
- Such officers that are forwarded to the hard of the department to secure a final NOC give recommendations.
Before the restaurant construction is finished, the provisional NOC from the fire department is granted to the applicant after organising a proper investigation. The fire safety audit is completed after the inspection. After obtaining the provisional NOC, the applicant begins the construction by complying with the fire safety audit report requirements. When the construction is complete, another inspection is done by the fire department, and the final fire NOC is issued after a successful inspection.
Documents required for the NOC for Restaurants
Every State authority has prescribed different documents for the fire NOC that must submit to the required authority. However, the following are the essential documents that are required to obtain the fire NOC:
- Site plan with the inspection report of the restaurant
- Model of restaurant
- The registered office of the restaurant
- Fire compliance certificate
- Checklist make ready by the architect
- Copy of Aadhar Card & PAN Card
- Photographs of the restaurant (clicked inside and outside)
- details on wiring in the restaurant
- Any other analysis according to the requirement by the certified/authorised officer related to safety observance.
Procedure to obtain Fire NOC for Restaurants
The applicant shall register for the fire NOC online & offline. The following are the steps that are followed while getting the fire NOC:
- The applicant applies all the required documents and submits the same to the appropriate authority. The application is mainly submitted to the Chief Fire Officer or the Fire Service Department in offline mode.
- Once the CFO or the department receives the document, then he verifies the documents.
- After verification of the documents, the same is forwarded to an officer of the respective state authority.
- The inspector or the officer visits the restaurant or the premises to carry out a report related to the fire safety audit.
- After the inspection is done and it is found that all the measures of fire safety are followed, then the chief inspector issues a NOC for the restaurant.
There is a required for the fire NOC for restaurants. Every restaurant, before its construction starts, must obtain the fire NOC. The respective State’s fire department issues the provisional fire NOC, and then the construction of such a restaurant begins. The provisional NOC is issued after the inspection of the location and verification of documents. The final NOC is issued after the restaurant is constructed and further, inspection is done. The fire NOC issued to the restaurant is valid for three years only. The connected authority grants the renewal of such NOC after inspecting the restaurant again. The detain applying for renewal of the NOC attracts a penalty also.
Read our Article:What is the Procedure for Fire NOC Renewal?