Documents required for obtaining PSARA License in Delhi
If you want to operate a Private Security Agency in Delhi, then you must acquire PSARA License for your company. These agencies provide security services to government & private companies, malls, residence, or for any personal use.
All the companies who registered for PSARA license in their respective states are allowed to provide security-related services such as security guards, bodyguards, etc. to third parties.
Let’s discuss this license and documents required to obtain this license.
What is the PSARA License?
PSARA that stands for the Private Security Agency Regulation Act is a regulatory body that issues the license to companies of India for providing security-related services to the third party.
These PSAs (Private Security Agencies) also act as training institutes to provide training to their employees or security guards.
The formation, operations, regulations, and disqualification of any PSA will cover under the PSARA Act, and every state has its own rules, regulations, and procedure for obtaining this license. In this article, we will discuss the requirements and process for obtaining a PSARA license in Delhi.
Eligibility Criteria for obtaining PSARA License in Delhi
If you wish to run a Private Security Agency, then there is a need to fulfill some eligibility criteria.
The criteria for eligibility will be different for Companies, directors, and, security guards. Let’s discuss these criteria separately for everyone.
Eligibility Criteria for Companies to acquire PSARA License in Delhi
To obtain PSARA license, the company must form as any of the following business entity:
- One-Person Company
- Partnership Firm
- Limited Liability Partnership
- Private Limited Company
- Sole Proprietorship Firm
Eligibility Criteria for Directors or Principal Officers to acquire PSARA License in Delhi
- Citizen of India
- Never engage in any offense related to promotion, formation, and management of the company by order of the court
- Financially competent for business operations
- Non-Conviction by the court for any crime.
Eligibility Criteria for Security Guards to acquire PSARA License in Delhi
- Indian Citizenship
- The applicant should be an adult with less than 65 years of age.
- Character certificate of the applicant
- Any Security Training Certificate
- Never terminated from any government service
- Fulfillment of all Physical Standards.
Registration Fees for Delhi’s PSARA License
The requisite fees for PSARA License for all Private Security Agencies will vary according to its operating units. The price for this license is as follows:
- If the Private Security Agency is operating in One District, the fee for PSARA registration is Rs.5000.
- The fee is Rs.10000 if the agency is operating in two to five districts.
- The registration fee for obtaining the PSARA license will be Rs.25000 if the private agency is operating in the entire state.
Documents required for obtaining PSARA License in Delhi
The registration of PSARA license in Delhi requires the following documents:
- Incorporation Certificate of the Company;
- Signed Memorandum of Association from the Institute;
- Memorandum of Understanding from the recognized Institute of Training;
- Identity Proof of Directors;
- Two passport size photograph of directors;
- Affidavit of PSARA;
- The details of the employees;
- Documents and Details of Security Guard;
- Ownership proof of registered office (Utility bill, Possession Letter, and lease agreement);
- Rent Agreement and NOC from the landlord, if applicable;
- Signature of Directors (JPG format or DSC);
- Logo of the Company or Security agency;
- Copy of the Bank Overdraft for PSARA license
- PAN card details of the directors;
- Approval from the Service Tax department;
- ESI Registration Certificate;
- Certificate of PF Registration;
- Certificate of Shop & Establishment Act;
- Directors’ ITR (Income-Tax Return) Copy;
- Certificate of employees for Character Verification;
- Arms License;
Online Registration procedure to acquire PSARA License in Delhi
- The first step for PSARA registration in Delhi is to visit the government website of PSARA Delhi and click on “Apply Online.” The registration procedure is carried out only through online mode.
- In the next step, the application has to fill the following details regarding the Private Agency, Directors, and Employees:
- Name of the Private Security Agency
- E-mail of the Agency
- Contact Details of the Agency
- Address of the Proposed Private Agency
- Type of Security Agency
- District of the Agency
- Ownership of the Land
- Rent Agreement and NOC from Landlord if the land of the operating unit is on Rent
- Details of extent facilities available in the Security Agency
- Name, age, and Designation of all Employees
- Selection of Equipment used for security services
- Define the Color of the Uniform (Shirts, Trousers, Cap/Trouser, Shoes, and Belt)
- Preference regarding the number of Districts in which the Private Security agency wants to operate
- Details regarding training to staff
- Selection of Training Institute
- Memorandum of Understanding
- Name, Designation, and nationality of the owners /directors/majority shareholders.
- Details of Bank draft for PSARA Authority
- After filling all the details, the applicant has to submit the form after reading all the undertakings.
- Once the form is submitted, the applicant needs to upload all the documents as mentioned in the checklist for PSARA registration. The applicant should attest all the documents.
- In the next step, the authority will conduct police verification of the proposed security agency for inspection regarding its operating unit, security guards, and day to day operations.
- After receiving the report of Police Verification, PSARA Authority of Delhi will issue a license to the company to operate as Private Security Agency in Delhi.
Rules and Regulations in Delhi for PSARA License
- Private Security Agencies must hire administrators to supervise the duty of guards who are working in other organizations.
- All the security agencies should provide training to all the security guards through their training institutes or external institutions.
- Every Private agency needs to update and upload the details of guards or supervisors in every seven months.
- If there will be any change in the management or formation or directors of the Private security agency, then they should inform the authority within seven days of such change.
- The licensee agency must immediately inform the authority regarding any criminal offense charged against any member of the organization.
- The fee paid for obtaining the PSARA license shall be non-refundable.