Want to Give your Company a New Name, Know How to do With Experts Help
A Private Limited Company in India is always registered under the Companies Act. It is a type of corporate entity which is generally used for small business and corporate. The shareholders of this type of entity have limited liabilities and also the number of shareholders for a private limited company is limited to two hundred. The shareholders of these types of company are also restricted from public trading of their shares in the market. In this article, we will discuss changing company name.
For certain reasons the name of the private limited company may have to be changed which might also involve the change of objectives of the business, the rebranding of the organization or change of management. This article explains to you the details of how to Change Company Name. This can be done at any given time by getting the approval of the required shareholders. However, this also needs to be approved by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs without which Change Company Name is not possible.
What Are The Things to Remember While Changing Company Name?
The change of the name of a private limited company does not have any impact on the legal existence of the company as a corporate entity. But in case if you are uncertain about the rules and the regulations or the procedure then you must take the help of professionals to change your company name in a hassle-free way. The following points should be kept in mind:-
- The Change Company name does not affect any rights or obligations of the company.
- It does not hinder any legal proceedings by or against the company.
Go Through the Procedure for the Change of Company Name under Experts Advise
- The first and the primary step for making Change in the Company Name is that the meeting of Board of Directors have to be called and a resolution is to be approved to change the name of the company with the consent of all the directors. The Memorandum of Association can also be passed at this same time.
- The next step is to check the availability of the proposed name of the company that is going to replace the former name. This check can be done by the person who is authorized to the MCA portal. The entire procedure remains the same as that at the time of Incorporation of the company. The name of the company should keep the Naming Guidelines in mind as per the Companies Act, 2013.
- The third step is that if the name of the company is approved by the MCA portal, the company now organizes an extraordinary meeting with the members of board of directors and pass a special resolution for the Change Company Name in Delhi and in effect the changes are also being made in Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association.
- The last and the final step is to file with the registrar of the Companies, the special resolution and the application of approval of company name. The application for your Company name change should also have INC-24 submitted along with the fees along with above-mentioned approvals in order to complete the process.
This article clearly explains the procedure for Changing Company Name but if you still have any queries feel free to ask us. We provide the best and easiest solutions for all such kinds of registrations and we are extremely client focused and stand 24/7 round the clock to provide excellent services to the customers and build healthy relations with them. Swarit Advisors is one of the leading agency which is known for offering reliable online legal services to its customers. We have years of experience in handling the issues that might occur while applying for online registrations, but we can help you tackle them easily. You can either use our number or email address to contact us.