What is the Procedure Required for MSME Registration in India?
The micro small medium enterprises are now registered under the “Udyog Aadhaar”. If you are someone with a small business of your own you are required for MSME registration. Let’s get straight to the guidelines of its Registration process.
Guidelines for Filing an online Udyog Aadhaar application for MSME Registration
Note 1) EM – 1 has been abolished and you wouldn’t need to file for it through Udyog Aadhaar.
2) The U.A or Udyog Aadhaar is for running units so you don’t need to apply for any upcoming units.
3) There are new features added for the search facility of the NIC code. This is for avoiding the 3rd step selection of NIC activities.
4) There will now be an OTP or one-time password over the mobile phone that is linked with Aadhaar number at the time of MSME Registration.
Getting the steps of MSME Registration
- Your Aadhaar card number: -which is a 12 digit number issued to you must be filled in the form.
- Your name: – You are supposed to fill in your details on the form strictly as mentioned in the Aadhaar card. If the name doesn’t match, the application will be canceled.
- Validation of Aadhaar:- once you’ve filled these details click on the option of validate Aadhaar for the verification process.
- One time password:- An OTP or a one-time password will be sent to your mobile phone via Sms and you can use that to register further.
- Your social category – you must select one of the categories of either general, scheduled caste or other backward classes.
- Gender id of the entrepreneur:- pick one of the gender categories given.
- Physically handicapped:- mention whether you are physically disabled or not.
- The name of your enterprise:- Fill in the name of your business or enterprise. Your enterprise should be a known one to the customers or public and should be a legal entity for conduction of the business. Sometimes when you have multiple businesses running as more than one enterprise then you can register for a separate Udyog Aadhaar and that too with the same Aadhaar card number but as enterprise A and enterprise B etc.
- The type of your organization:- There’s a list of categories to choose from. You must ensure that you are an authorized legal entity to file online MSME registration. You’ll be issued only one MSME registration number or Udyog Aadhaar number for each of your enterprise.
- PAN:- This is required in case of co-operative or private limited and limited liability partnership. It’s optional in all the other cases.
- The location of your plant:- you can add multiple plant locations while filing one Registration by simply clicking on add plant button provided.
- Residential address:- Your official address where you can be contacted.
- The date of commencement:- This is the date on which your business entity commenced it’s business operations.
- Your previous Registration details:- In case your enterprise had previously issued a valid EM-1 or 2 by the concerned GM (DIC) as per the MSMED act of 2006.
- Your bank details:- you should provide with your bank account number that you for running your business along with the IFSC code and the name of your bank.
If you need the help of experts in order to carry out the MSME registration procedure then let us know, we at Swarit Advisors are the best online legal service providers and are 24/7 hr available to help our customers in every possible way.