India is a nation where more than 75% of the market is infused with food fanatics. Hence, if you're considering to engage yourself in the catering business in 2019 in...
As we know every Food Business Operator (FBO) has to take FSSAI license Renewal as mandated by the Act. It is necessary to take license by all the FBO i.e. Manufacturer, Distributor, Transporter, Retailer etc.
Food Business Operator carrying on food business or wants to commence business will have to register or take a license from the Authority. The Licence granted to the FBO contains the validity from 1 year to 5 years opted by FBO i.e. the FBO needs to renew the license after completion of validity. Hence, for FBO taking a license is not end but have to renew the same timely.
Now, let us understand how to Renew the Registration or license issued by the FSSAI:
- FBO will be granted the license for the period of 1year to 5year as opted by the FBO, from the date of issue of registration or license subject to fulfillment of the requirement of the license.
- FBO has to apply for the renewal before 30 days of the expiry of a current license in Form A or Form B. if FBO fails to file an application before 30 days but files before the expiry date of license that will be entitled to pay late fees of Rs. 100 per day delayed.
- The current Food License will be listed in the Renewal Bin 60 days before it expires and it is always advisable to apply for renewal of License the moment it appears in the Renewal Bin.
- The Authority after receiving the application examines the same and grant the renewal license.
- The Authority normally inspect before the renewal, but if the FBO has a certificate of accredited food safety auditor or from an agency accredited by the Food Authority will not require to be inspected.
- If the inspector is satisfied, then the Authority shall approve the renewal of the license. The process is completed within a period of 60 days
What if FBO fails or avoids to Renew the FSSAI license?
If the FBO fails to file the application for renewal of the license within the time limit mentioned above then it will automatically get expired and FBO has to stop all the business activity. FBO has to apply for a fresh license if they wish to continue or restart their business. Hence, it is advisable to renew the FSSAI license on the time and on regular basis for avoiding penalties.