Food plays an essential role in our lives. It gives us the required energy and nutrients that facilitate healthy development and helps one to stay active. However, one must ensure...
Are you someone who is dealing or desirous to deal in, be it in whatsoever format with food products and services, then you are mandatorily required to apply for the get Food license, also commonly known as FSSAI registration or License. However the type of license or registration one need to obtain depends on the turnover of the company, also one needs to know how many licenses or registration is required as in certain cases say wherein multiple businesses are there, more than one license may be required. Thereafter the main concerns of the interested business partners are how to take the FSSAI registration.
Don’t worry; we will answer all your questions. Here you go:
Why one need to take the Food License or registration?
- To maintain the food quality and standard.
- It is provided only after inspection by concerned food department.
- The certain quality checks shall ensure no adulteration, substandard products and at the same time also improve accountability of manufacturers towards their customers.
Who is required to take a Food License?
Everyone dealing in food product and services shall require obtaining the FSSAI license or registration as the case may be. This may include any retailer or exporter or manufacturer or trader or wholesaler or importer of food products or supplying raw materials etc. The FSSAI is a 14 digit Food license number, which is required to be printed on every product being manufactured by the manufacturer.
What are the types of Food License?
Types of food license:
- FSSAI Basic registration: For an annual turnover below Rs.12 lakhs.
- FSSAI State license: For an annual turnover between Rs.12-20 crores.
- FSSAI Central license: For an annual turnover above Rs.20 crores.
Also for instances where the supply is done at the government offices or import/export food a product multiple Food licenses are required to be obtained.
What will be the Process of obtaining a Food License?
- Click on FLRS (Food licensing and registration system).
- Check your eligibility by putting turnover details for respective State License, Central License or simple registration.
- Accordingly check the requisites for a state license, central License, or food License as the case may be. Basically what all documents are required to be uploaded.
- Prepare and be ready with the documents and save them in electronic form, so that it can be uploaded.
- Click on Self –care portal to create user ID and password. The user ID is valid for 30 days only apply online within 30 days otherwise the ID will be disabled after 30 days.
- Apply for a license.
- Fill Form B save it to move to next. Before moving to next take a print of it.
- Upload the required documents.
- Make the payment. After payment, take the print or note of acknowledgment receipt for keeping a track on the application.
- After that, the print of filled application form is required to be sent to the Regional Authority/State Authority within 15 days from the date of online submission.
- The application will be scrutinized and in case of no query being found, the FSSAI registration or FSSAI License may grant the license.
Things to keep in mind:
- Note that in case you have multiple openings of your business, located at different places you need to have a separate license for each location.
- In addition to that for Head Office/Registered Office central License is a must, also for the cases when you are operating in more than two States: a separate license for each of your operating locations as per capacity, turnover, State /Central license rules are required.
Single Central License is required to be applied for all businesses wherein you have an office or are working for two other business in two states and simultaneously applying for the Head/Registered Office