What is FSSAI Central License?
FSSAI stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. It is a self-governing body established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006. The body is responsible for issuing the FSSAI license to the food business operators (FBO).
FSSAI Central License is essential for those FBO whose annual turnover is above Rs. 20 crores. Besides, those FBO who are engaged in the import and export of food products are also required to obtain FSSAI central license irrespective business turnover.
The FSSAI license has a 14-digit registration or license number, generally printed on the packages of the food products.
Who should obtain the FSSAI Central License?
All the food business operators (FBOs) falling in the following categories are supposed to geta central license for starting their food business:
- Food distributors, manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers, caterers, etc. whose totalannual turnover exceeds Rs. 20 crores.
- Cold storage capacity of more than 50,000 Metric Tons (MT).
- All the restaurants, dhabas, boarding houses serving food, banquet halls, home-based canteens, temporary or permanent food stalls with turnover exceeding Rs. 20 crores.
- Food transporters possessing up to 100 vehicles or annual turnover of more than Rs. 30 crores.
- All dairy divisions consisting of milk chilling units facilitated to manage or process more than 50,000 LPD of milk or above 2500Metric Tons of milk solids per annum.
- Meat processing divisions which have a capacity of more than 500 kg of meat processing every day or 150 MT per annum.
- Slaughtering divisions holding a capacity of more than 150 small animals or 50 large animals or more than 1000 poultry birds each day.
- All food processing divisions along with repackers and relabellers, producing more than 100 kg per day.
Documents required for obtaining FSSAI Central License
The documents required for FSSAI Central License is same as that of the State License, except for some additional documents described as below:
- Photo identity proof;
- Address proof of the Food Business Operators;
- Form-B completely filled and duly signed;
- Rent agreement of the premise;
- NOC (No-Objection Certificate) from the landlord in case the office is rented;
- Details of food category to be manufactured, in case you’re a manufacturer;
- Copy of Certificate obtained under the Coop Act, 1861.
- Certificate of Company Incorporation;
- Layout or blueprint of the processing unit representing the dimensions as well as area allocation depending on the operations (applicable for manufacturers and processing units only);
- NOC and copy of the manufacturer license (for relabellers and repackers only);
- NOC from the municipal corporation or local body;
- Copy of Certificate from the Ministry of Tourism (HRACC) (Mandatory for Hotels);
- Sources of meat and milk (if applicable)
- Form IX;
Additional Documents for Central License
- Declaration Form;
- NOC/PA document issued by the FSSAI;
- Supporting documentsas a proof for business turnover;
- Certificate obtained from Ministry of Commerce 100% EOU;
- IE CODE document issued by DGFT (For exporters and importers).
Procedure for obtaining FSSAI Central License
The procedure for obtaining an FSSAI Central License is exactly the same as that of the state license. Steps for the same are as enlisted below:
Step 1: Filing of Form B
Firstly, you need to file an application in the form B to the FSSAI Department.
Step 2: Submit the form with a self-declaration and affidavit
The application for the license must contain the annexure attached with an affidavit and self-declaration. When you have prepared all the documents, you can submit it to the FSSAI department.
Step 3: Issuance of License
If the authority is satisfied with the documents and application, it will issue the FSSAI Central License to the FBO. The license is issued for 1 to 5 years, depending on the need of the FBO.
Further, the application fee for the license depends on the time period, the FBO has opted for.
Step 4: Renew the license before it expires
You need to renew the license before it expires.
Why Swarit Advisors?
- 20+ Years of Experience
- Rank 1 In FSSAI and Legal Services
- 150+ Team of Lawyers
- 4.9 Star Rating by our Clients
- More Than 15000+ FSSAI License Delivered
- 99% On Time Delivery
- 500+ Cities Served
In case any questions or Wish to Apply for FSSAI Central License, then click here or fill the inquiry form. You will get dedicated Call from a CA /CS.