In our previous blog on how to choose correct trademark class of services we have mentioned several trademark classes for both goods as well as services. Therefore, if you ever get into...
We all know how important trademarks are and how they are important for the growth of business and influence on the public in general. online Trademark registration will give your brand name logo or any of the representative intellectual property a protection from theft of it as well as its misuse. There are various classes, 45 apparently of a trademark where you will be able to register yours by picking an appropriate class.
Why Brand Name or Trademark Registration is Necessary?
Trademark Registration is necessary because it has an array of benefits to it. Following are some of the reasons to get a trademark registration in India.
- It will ensure security for your brand name or your company name so that your competitors won’t be able to use it or anything similar to it.
- Others will require your permission to use it on a signed agreement.
- It’ll quickly show up the fake similar to the existing brand name.
- In case you are someone with an internet start-up then it’ll protect your site domain name.
- It shall help you with the registration of a private limited company with the brand name.
What Is The Procedure for Trademark Registration in India?
Trademark Registration procedure online can be done in India so it has become relatively easier. There is no longer any need for physically going to the trademark registration office for the registry. Just visit government website for trademark registration and file for an application.
Following is the Process for an Online Trademark Registration:-
- Preparation of the very basic documents and brand logo regarding the trademark registration.
- Filing of the trademark application via a form along with the payment of government fees and your attached representative trademark lawyer’s digital signature.
- Payment of the government fees with either a debit card or net banking.
- Get the final acknowledgment via a receipt and then you can use “TM” beside your brand name that you’ve registered.
After about 90 days to 120 days which is roughly 3 months to 4 months from the filing of an application of the trademark. The registry department will examine your trade name and the logo according to the provision of the trademark act. After this, if an objection is raised then an issue report is generated that needs to be resolved by you within a given time frame. In case you fail to comply with that your trademark registration application will be canceled and you’ll have start all over again.
Once the application is accepted or in case of rejection it will be once you’ve resolved the issue, your trademark will be published inviting anyone to object if they have a good reason to. The publication is done in through the trademark journal of India.
In case someone objects, like a person or a company on your trademark, then he or she is allowed to file an objection from the 4 months after the trademark is published along with evidence documents.
Final Trademark Registration Certificate
When nobody has objected or opposed then the respective trademark is issued and finally, the trademark registration certificate is granted. This trademark registration will remain valid for up to 10 years after which you’ll need to renew your trademark registration.