How to Obtain Online GST Registration Number?
Goods and Service Tax is the full form of GST which is an indirect tax that came into effect from 1st April 2017 substituting all the other indirect taxes such as service tax, VAT, Central State Tax, Central Excise Tax etc.
As per GST Rules, every business whose annual turnover exceeds INR 40 lakhs shall get mandatory GST Registration Number. GST Registration can be done online through GST official website by filling the form and submitting the same online. In this write-up, we will discuss in brief, how you can get GST Registration Number Online?
Procedure to get GST Registration Number
Here is the step by step procedure for GST Registration Online:
- Visit the official website of GST to apply for GST Registration Number. It is the universal website for GST Registration, Return filing and for other compliances.
- Select the “New Registration” option and proceed further to complete a registration application.
- Enter the necessary details such as Business Name, PAN of the business, email-id and phone number of the applicant.
- Complete the initial registration step by verification through OTP sent on the registered mobile number and email-id.
- TRN is generated online which can be used for further registration and generation of GST Registration Number.
- Login using the TRN to complete the application form. Fill the necessary information and complete the application by affixing DSC of an authorized signatory such as Director in case of a company, proprietor in case of proprietorship, a partner in case of partnership and so on.
- Upon the completion of these steps, ARN is generated, which can be used to track the status of the application.
- Upon the satisfaction, the authority grants GST Registration Certificate with details such as GST Registration Number.
Read,Also: GST for Bloggers.
Obligation to get GST Registration
Following individuals and entity are required to get mandatory GST Registration Number:
- Individuals registered under tax services pre-GST regime
- Casual taxable person
- Non-resident taxable person
- Every taxable person is liable to pay tax under the reverse charge mechanism
- E-commerce aggregator
- Business whose turnover exceeds INR 40 lakhs
- Agents of suppliers
- Input service distributor
Documents Required for Online GST Registration
Following is the list of documents which needs to be annexed with the online application:
- PAN and Aadhar of the applicant in case of proprietorship, directors in case of company and partners in case of a partnership
- Bank details
- Address proof and identity proof of the applicant in case of proprietorship, directors in case of company and partners in case of a partnership
- Digital Signature Certificate of an authorized signatory is mandatory
- Registered Address Proof of the premise where the registered office is to be situated
- Board resolution or an authorization letter to authorize the authorized signatory to act on the applicant’s behalf
Read our article:Will GST Registration by Start-ups Come Under Investigation?