The RERA 2016 aims at protecting the home buyers from the unlawful activities of the builders. It also provides a complaint redressal system if the promoters or agents fail to...
National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) is a Mini Ratna PSU that was formed in 1955. Government of India has created NSIC to underpin the Small Scale Industries (SSI). NSIC acts as an intermediary to bridge the needs of Small, Micro and Medium Enterprises through various development schemes. It aims to promote aid and foster MSME & SSI with diligence. This write-up will provide complete information on the procedure, eligibility, documents and fee structure to acquire NSIC Certification Registration online.
Fundamental functions of NSIC
NSIC has proven its mettle over six decades by upgrading technology in the deprived sectors of small scale industry. Presently, NSIC operates through 26 Branch Offices, 15 Sub Offices, 6 Zonal Offices, 5 Technical Services Centers, 2 Software Technology Parks and3 Extension Centers with backend team of about 5000 professionals across the country. Let’s look at the primary functions of National Small Industries Corporation Limited:
- NSIC imparts skill development training in diverse aspects of business like marketing, finance etc.
- Small scale industries get access to indigenous and imported machinery/equipment on easy financial terms through Hire Purchase Scheme of NSIC.
- NSIC import and supplies a large amount of raw material to several small and micro-enterprises.
- National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) provides leasing equipment facility to Indian SSI’s. It participates in the bulk purchase program to facilitate raw materials.
- It supports small scale businesses to broaden their product range and export across international markets.
- NSIC emphasizes on the modernization of small-scale industries by developing and upgrading the technology.
- National Small Industries Corporation Limited also undertakes the construction of industrial estates.
Who can apply for NSIC Certificate Registration online?
All Micro and Small Enterprises who meet the following conditions can register with NSIC under Single Point Registration Scheme (SPRS):
- The MSE’s which have Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum (UAM) or EM Part-II (Optional) are eligible to register under Single Point Registration Scheme that has a validity of 2 years.
- MSE’s that have already commenced their commercial production but yet not completed one year of their existence are eligible to obtain the Provisional NSIC Registration Certificate which is valid for 1 year from the date of its issuance.
Browse through our articles on services provided at Swarit Advisors, and just let us know if we can help you with your company registration or tax filing or trademark registration.
Checklist of documents required
Documentation plays a vital role in the Registration process, so attach the documents mentioned below along with your Application:
- A copy of PAN Card
- Company’s Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Articles of Association (AOA)
- A copy of SSI/MSME Registration
- Declaration from the Director/Proprietor that proves they don’t have any connection with any large scale enterprises
- Complete information about plant and machinery like (date of purchase, the value of the asset)
- Copy of ISO 9000 and Bureau of Indian Standard (BIS) License, if applicable
- Last three years of the statement of operations signed and sealed by a Chartered Accountant
- Details of raw materials and finished goods in stock
- A hard copy of documents that entails all the details of quality control measures with the equipment’s name used for testing quality control standards
- Bank statement which specifies the financial position of the Company
- Address Proof of Registered Office
- Details of employees working in several departments of the Company
- Signed and sealed financial reports such as Audited Balance Sheet, Trading Account, P&L
- List of places wherein your Company will render the services
- Form A obtained from Registrar of Firms showing partner’s names
- Other documents, as prescribed on NSIC portal
Procedure for online NSIC Certificate Registration
The online Registration procedure of NSIC Registration is much feasible than the offline mode. Follow the simple steps given below to register under Single Point Registration Scheme of NSIC:
- You need to visit the official portal of National Small Industries Corporation;
- Apply online and fill G.P. Registration Form, ensure to submit the prescribed documents;
- The inspection agency needs to get a duplicate copy of G.P. Registration Application along with the required documents. Charges are levied by the agency to undertake the technical inspection of Micro & Small Enterprise;
- Once the Inspection Agency completes the assessment and provides an Inspection Report to NSIC, GP Registration Certificate shall be issued to the firm.
Benefits of registering under Single Point Registration Scheme
There are many advantages of registering under Single Point Registration Scheme of NSIC, which are mentioned below:
- Tender Information is free of cost- The registered small scale industries under SPRS get different tender sets for free.
- Exemption from EDM- Micro or small scale businesses with NSIC Certificate Registration are exempted from paying Earnest Money Deposit.
- Ease in Tender Participation- Micro and Small Enterprises whose tender meets the criteria passes the procedure without any difficulty.
- Product Reservation- The biggest benefit that small scale industries get from NSIC RegistrationisGovernment has reserved358 goods or items for exclusive purchase from SSI Sector. The objective of such a move is to enforce the development of Micro and Small Enterprises.
The validity of GP Registration Certificate
GP Registration Certificate granted to MSE or SSI under Single Point Registration Scheme is valid for two years. It can be reviewed and renewed after every two years. Therefore, NSIC validates the persistent Commercial and Technical Competence of the registered firm in producing or manufacturing the goods for which it has been registered.
One of the legal consultancies that you can approach is Swarit Advisors that holds loads of experience in streamlining the legal matters related to NSIC Certificate Renewal and Registration.