What are the Benefits of Getting FSSAI License in India?
Swarit Advisors | Updated: Aug 28, 2018 | Category: FSSAI
A lot of people nowadays are starting businesses that are related to food. Sure it’s a good business to get into, but you must be aware of the fact that to even begin with dealing with any kind of food products you need to get registered under the FSSAI. Do you know what FSSAI is? FSSAI is a short abbreviation of the food safety and standard authority of India. It’s a government department that was started to deal with the issue of adulteration and to regularize the standards for the foods and make sure all that the Indian citizens consume is safe. Let’s know what FSSAI license is now. In this article, we will discuss Benefits of Getting FSSAI License in india?
What is the FSSAI License or Food License?
It’s a mandatory license for any kind of food you want to run a business with. And in order to run a food business, you must obtain a food license. Now any person that is involved with the food business is called a food business operator. And all the food importers, exporters, food manufacturers, sellers, traders, transporters, hotel owners, restaurant owner, individuals keeping food in warehouses and cold storages and any individual that is involved in dealing with foods, directly or indirectly. Originally this FSSAI was established by the ministry of health and family welfare for implementation of the FSS act.
Looking at the advantages of getting a Food License/ FSSAI Registration/ FSSAI License
- It, first of all, provides you with all the laws and department control via a single access point.
- It will provide your customers with the certain confidence seeing that your brand or business is FSSAI registered, and it will make it easier for them to trust your business with the feeling of goodwill.
- Be only getting one FSSAI registration, it will be sufficient for you to establish different things in the same local area.
Know the Types of the FSSAI Registrations
- FSSAI basic registration:- you can get the basic FSSAI registration if your food business’s annual turnover is below the amount of 12 lakh rupees.
- FSSAI state registration:- you may register under the state FSSAI registration in case your food business’s annual turnover has exceeded the amount of 12 lakh rupees however it’s still less than the amount of 20 crore rupees.
In case of the food manufacturers: –
- Dairy units–2.5 to 2500 metric tons of milk powder or 500 liters per day to 50,000 liters per day.
- The processing units of vegetable oils – the production must be up to the amount of 2 metric tons per day.
- And the third category of other manufacturing and processing units –All the grains and pulses and the cereals and their milling should have their production between the 100 kegs to 2 metric tons per day.
In case of those that are other than the manufacturers:-
- Normal storage – It must have a capacity that’s up to 50,000 metric tons.
- Cold storage – It must have a capacity that’s up to 10,000 metric tons.
- The atmospherically controlled storage – It must have a capacity that’s up to 1000 metric tons.
- Whole sellers –Their turnover must be up to the number of rupees 30 crores annually.
- Food vending agency – Those that set up different vending machines with food products, they should be between the numbers of units 12 to 100 in one state.
- Food transporters –They must have up to the 100 vehicles or a turnover for sales up to 30 crores annually.
- Hotels – should be at least up to 4-star standard.
- FSSAI Central registration:- you can get a central FSSAI registration in case your annual turnover exceeds the amount of 20 crores.
Now you are very much aware of the FSSAI, FSSAI registration categories and that it’s important to get FSSAI registration. FSSAI registration is very simple and can be easily done online from the government authorized official websites. They will just ask you to fill in the application form along with the required details and eventually, you will get your FSSAI registration certificate along with a unique FSSAI registration number that is 14 digits and must be displayed not only in your office but also is printed mandatorily on all your food packaging.
Swarit Advisors is the well-known consulting firm who offers reliable services to its customers for any government-related online registrations. Feel free to contact us anytime we will feel glad to help you anytime in 24/7 hr.
Also, Read: https://swaritadvisors.com/learning/get-experts-help-to-follow-the-accurate-procedure-for-fssai-registration-in-india/.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.