Process of FSSAI Central License In India
As we all know the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) have mandated for all FBO to take food license/registration before commencement of food business. The FSSAI Central license is divided into three parts (Basic fssai Registration, State License, and FSSAI license) based on their business, turnover or production.
Now, let’s have a look eligibility, procedure, a process of Central License:
Eligibility of Central License:
All importers who import any food items which also include food ingredients and additives.
Premises under Central Government/Air/Seaport/Defense:
Any food catering services, Wholesaler, Retailer, Distributors, Storage established or engaged with CG/Air/Seaport have to take Central License.
Further, in addition to above-listed categories, any FBO having operation in more than one state has to take one Central License for their Head Office.
A process of Central License:
FBO has to check the eligibility criteria as mentioned above.
Make an application in ‘Form B’ to the Licensing authority along with the documents mentioned in Annexure 1 and applicable fees. Also, create the user id and password for licensing.
Authority after receiving the application shall issue the application ID number to the Applicant. The applicant shall track the application by ID number and will refer the ID number in all the correspondence between the Authority and applicant.
After the issue of ID number, the Authority will direct Food officer or any agency specially designated to inspect the premises as mentioned under the Act. The inspection report shall be issued within 30 days or such period allowed by the Authority.
The Authority within 30 days from receipt the inspection report shall grant or reject the application. The opportunity of being heard shall be given before rejection of an application.
The Authority shall complete the process and issue the license normally within 60 days from the date of issue of an application ID.
The license is issued in Form C which needs to be displayed by FBO at the premises where business is carried. The License can be issued between 1 year to 5 years of validity.
Annexure 1: List of documents:
- Form B duly signed;
- List of Directors/Partners/Proprietor/Executive member of society or trust with full add;
- Photo ID and add proof issued by Govt. Authority of Directors/Partners/Proprietor/ Authorized Signatories;
- Proof of possession of premises;
- Partnership Deed/self-declaration from proprietor/MOA and AOA of the company;
For manufacturer or processing units:
- Blueprint/layout plan of processing units;
- Name and List of equipment and machinery along with a number, installed capacity and hours power used;
- List of food category to be manufactured;
- Authority letter containing the name and add the nominated person for a process;
- Analysis report (Chemical & Bacteriological) of water to be used as an ingredient in food from a recognized/ public health laboratory to confirm the portability indicating the name of an authorized representative of Lab who collected the sample and date of collecting the sample;
For relabellers and repackers:
- NOC and copy of the license from Manufacturer
- Declaration form mentioned under the Act.
- Other documents supporting business operations.
Also, Read: Why do we Require A Food License?.