Today we’ll discuss the basics of FSSAI Registration. Especially the difference between an FSSAI Registration and an FSSAI license. Now every individual involved with the food business who might be...
Find out everything about food license Registration in this article. Get to know the different types of food license and their procedures here at our blog. The FSSAI is generally a short form used for the food safety and standards authority in India. In case, if you own a food business or are planning to open one then it is mandatory to have require a food license for your business. The reason why the FSSAI Registration process was introduced in India to check the quality and the standard of the food circulating across the different parts of India. This way there is a hope of reducing adulteration and securing the health of the individuals in our nation.
Who requires a Food license?
As per the rules and regulations under the FSSAI, any person that is involved in anything related to food business will be liable for the food license. In fact, even if your business involves the import of food products or manufacturing, packaging or storing and distributing then too you will need the food license Registration for the smooth functioning of your business.
Know the Process of Food License Registration by FSSAI
This food license online can be done online from the official government site. Once your food license Registration is done you will receive an FSSAI Registration number which has 14 digits and must be printed on all the packages of the products that you sell.
Know the types of food licenses in India
- Basic license Registration: This category is required to have a turnover of or below Rs 12 lakhs. This basic food license can be later upgraded to a state license.
- State license Registration – This category is a mid-sized one requiring the companies or the business of foods to have a maximum of Rs 20 crores but above Rs 12 lakhs to apply for the state license.
- Central license Registration – This category is for the spread out large industries having chain supply or selling much more products with an annual turnover of or above Rs 20 crore. Another condition where you’d need a central license Registration if you supply foods to government offices or you are importing food products.
What Are the Documents required for the food license Registration by FSSAI?
For applying for the food license online in India under any of the three food license Registration categories online you will need to submit the following documents.
- A declaration form that states that all the legal document details you have mentioned in the form are true.
- The requirement of an authority letter that states the permission for the business holder to apply for the FSSAI central food license. If you are an owner of the food factory then the copy of those property papers will be needed while if you have premises that have been rented then the copy of the rental agreement of that property will be needed.
- A self-declaration copy of the food safety management that takes place under your supervision via a safety management system plans.
- You’ll also need a copy of an electricity bill or the water bill of your business location.
- A copy of your Aadhaar card or the director of your company.
In case you are into food manufacturing unit, you’d need to submit these additional documents.
- A blueprint or the layout of the processing unit of the food you manufacture.
- The processing machinery and the details of its units.
- And a list of the food products you are to manufacture and sell in the food business market.
- And the last one being pesticide residue report of the water you use.
In case, of any further queries, you may anytime get in touch with our experts at Swarit Advisors through the email or phone number. We are 24/7 hr available to serve you in every possible way.