An Overview of CAPEXIL Certificate
CAPEXIL stands for Chemical and Allied Export Promotion Council, a non-profit organisation. It establishes in March 1958 under the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India, to promote the export of Chemical and Allied items from India. The primary purpose of the CAPEXIL Certificate is to bring the export of chemicals & allied items to various destinations internationally and provide an export hand to the chemical item exporters. The chemical & allied items industry organises all the companies & facilities that produce chemicals. The chemical industry contains all the companies & facilities that make chemicals. The chemical industry is one of the basics of current life owing to various chemicals indispensable for everyday living.
In India, the chemical industry is increasing daily, constituting the manufacture of more than 80 thousand verities of chemical items. India is the third-largest chemical producer in Asia and can categorise the variety of industrial products manufactured in India as essential, speciality-use chemicals and agricultural chemicals.
In India, CAPEXIL has exceeds 3500 members and is a promoter of many chemical products. Like other export councils, CAPEXIL provides help to exporters and is also involved in various promotional activities, such as sending trade representatives to developed & developing markets around the globe and establishing trade delegates to developed & developing markets worldwide.
The main objective of the CAPEXIL Certificate
- CAPEXIL's objective is to understand the entirety of international trade & assist the Indians who want to excel in this profession to top up their exports and attain & sustain a pre-eminent global standing.
- Act as a mediator in establishing business contacts between foreign importers and Indian exporters to provide a both-way service as a global trade facilitator.
- To make various promotional measures to promote the country’s export.
Benefits of the obtaining a CAPEXIL Certificate
The registered member of CAPEXIL can obtain the following benefits offered by the council:
- Statistical information: The member of CAPEXIL can obtain the latest statistical data on India's exports & imports. The registered trader can obtain the details of the world's imports & exports of a wide range of products.
- Visa Assistance: The CAPEXIL is providing visa assistance for business visits abroad.
- Disbursement of Grants: CAPEXIL members can avail financial assistance through various market assistance programs
- Quality Service: CAPEXIL is also providing access to the most competent officers dedicated to quality service
- Exporter’s HUB: The exporter’s HUB of CAPEXIL is an information gateway & it is a helping hand for exporters.
- Market Development Assistance (MDA): CAPEXIL delivers market development assistance to the registered trader to stimulate & diversify the country's export trade.
- Interface for Trade & Policy: It acts as an interface between the government and the members regarding trade & policy-related matters.
- Subscribe to Trade Leads: a registered trader can obtain the subscription to trade leads by e-mail.
- Filing of Export Returns: The council assists with filing monthly or quarterly export returns.
- Market Reports & Trends: The CAPEXIL members can get the details of market reports and analysis of Indian export trends across the country, goods and other parameters & valuable resources of the global trade data.
- Buyer-Seller Meets: The council members can participate in the national workshops, organising seminars & buyer-seller meets conducted under the CAPEXIL.
The Products Listed under CAPEXIL Certificate
The products listed under CAPEXIL Certificate are the following:-
- Animal by-products
- Auto Tyres & Tubes
- Ceramics & Refractories
- Bulk Minerals & Ores
- Glass & Glassware
- Books, Publications, and printing
- Graphite & Explosives
- Cement & Clinkers
- Granite, Marble, Natural Stones and Products
- Ossein & Gelatine
- Miscellaneous Products
- Paints & Allied Products
- Paper & Products
- Plywood & Products
- Processed Minerals
- Rubber Products
The Eligibility of CAPEXIL Certificate
Membership in the council divide into two categories, and you can see the same below:
- Associate Membership: A person should have an Import Export Code (IEC) Number from the DGFT Government of India office for this membership.
- Ordinary Membership: Any individual/person fulfilling the criteria is eligible for this membership within the council.
Note: The said individual or entity should have been an associate member for at least three years. The person or entity they represented should have had an average export performance of at least Rs. Ten lakhs in the case of small-scale industries & at least Rs. Twenty-five lakhs in the case of any other type of set-up.
Essential Documents required for Obtaining CAPEXIL Certificate
Following are some vital documents that need for getting CAPEXIL Certificate:-
- IEC (Import Export Code) obtained by the licensing authority;
- PAN Number;
- Manufacturing or Industrial License obtained by the Licensing Authority (LA);
- Self-declaring that any Government organisation or department does not blocklist the firm or company;
- CA's Certificate mentions Domestic Turnover/Export Turnover concerning CAPEXIL's products for the last two years;
- Copy of Export House Certificate;
- Copy of Cancelled Cheque with Bank Name and Account Number;
- GST Certificate.
Procedure for the obtaining CAPEXIL Certificate
Following are some significant steps for obtaining CAPEXIL Certificate:-
Step 1: New User Registration: First, the applicant must create a new login id, and the applicant must provide the Import Export Code Number (IEC) and at least the first three characters of the firm's name to ascertain the application information at the website. Must match applicant's name with the name registered in DGFT while obtaining IEC. The applicant must enter the prescribed form's relevant information such as PAN, Company details, and Import Export Code Number.
Step 2: Upload the Required Documents: after filling out the application, the applicant must upload all the required according to the CAPEXIL criteria. All the essential documents and the requisite fee need to pay for the verification.
Step 3: Fee Payment: The fee payment for membership Registration in the Demand Draft, Cheque in favour of CAPEXIL, payable at Kolkata through RTGS.
Step 4: Get CAPEXIL Certificate: Once all the above is complete, the CAPEXIL Certificate will be issued.
How Will SWARIT Advisors Help You?
SWARIT Advisors is committed to offering the services to the businesses at a very cost-effective proposition. SWARIT Advisors believes that a client is always right and should serve the focus of any business activity to the client with utmost loyalty.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is the central body governing the regulations & guidelines for the export of chemicals and associated items.
Yes, it's an ISO 9001:2000 verified organisation.
Presently, there are 14 Export Promotion Councils in India.
CAPEXIL headquarters are present in Kolkata, and the regional officers in Mumbai, Delhi, and Chennai.
The duties of EPC are to showcase India as the preferred destination for exporting high-quality Goods & Services.