An Overview of Fssai Registration in Mumbai
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is responsible for regulating the food industry in India. In Mumbai, all food businesses must obtain an FSSAI license or registration to ensure that the food they produce is safe for consumption. FSSAI registration is mandatory for all food businesses, including manufacturers, distributors, and sellers of food products.
Criteria for Fssai Registration
- Annual turnover of the food business must be less than Rs. 12 lakhs for FSSAI registration and more than Rs. 12 lakhs for an FSSAI license.
- FBOs must ensure that their food products comply with the FSSAI regulations and safety standards.
Required Documents for Fssai Registration
- Form A or Form B, as applicable
- Identity proof of the FBO (PAN card, Aadhaar card, voter ID, etc.)
- Address proof of the FBO (electricity bill, rent agreement, etc.)
- Proof of business premises (property papers, rental agreement, etc.)
- List of food products to be manufactured or sold
- Photo ID of the food business operator (FBO)
Process for Fssai Registration
- Submit the FSSAI application form along with the required documents.
- Pay the FSSAI registration fees.
- The FSSAI will verify the application and documents submitted.
- Once the verification is complete, the FSSAI will issue the registration certificate.
Validity of Fssai Registration
FSSAI registration is valid for a period of 1-5 years, depending on the number of years for which the FBO applies. After the expiry of the registration, the FBO must renew its registration to continue its food business operations.
Swarit Advisors Suppost
At Swarit Advisors, we provide complete FSSAI registration services in Mumbai. Our team of experts has extensive knowledge and experience to guide you through the entire registration process, making it as smooth and easy as possible. We offer end-to-end support to ensure that your FSSAI registration is completed without any delays or complications. Contact us today to get started with registering your food business in Mumbai.