An Overview of NGO Registration in Bangalore
NGO registration is essential for organizations seeking to work towards the welfare and development of society. In Bangalore, NGOs can be registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, the Indian Trusts Act, 1882, or the Companies Act, 2013. NGO registration is necessary to receive funding, operate legally, and comply with all necessary regulations.
Criteria for NGO Registration
The following criteria must be met for NGO registration in Bangalore:
- The NGO must have a clear purpose and objective to work for the betterment of society.
- The NGO must be governed by a board of members and have a constitution or bylaws.
- The NGO must not be involved in any illegal or unethical practices.
Required Documents for NGO Registration<
The following documents are required for NGO registration in Bangalore:
- Memorandum of Association and Rules & Regulations of the organization
- Identity and address proof of all board members
- PAN Card of the organization
- NOC from the landlord of the registered office space
- Electricity bill or other utility bill for the registered office space
- Affidavit from the president or secretary of the NGO
- Bank account details of the NGO
Process for NGO Registration
The process for NGO registration in Bangalore involves the following steps:
- Select a suitable name for the NGO and check for availability with the Registrar of Societies.
- Prepare the Memorandum of Association and Rules & Regulations of the organization.
- Gather the necessary documents and prepare the application for NGO registration.
- Submit the application with the Registrar of Societies or the Registrar of Companies.
- Wait for examination and objections, if any, by the issuing authority.
- Obtain the certificate of registration from the Registrar of Societies or the Registrar of Companies.
Validity of NGO Registration
The validity of NGO registration in Bangalore depends on the type of registration and the jurisdiction of the issuing authority. Societies registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, and trusts registered under the Indian Trusts Act, 1882, are generally considered to be permanent. However, NGOs registered under the Companies Act, 2013, must renew their registration annually.
Swarit Advisors Support
If you are looking to register an NGO in Bangalore, Swarit Advisors can assist you with the process. We offer end-to-end support for NGO registration, including assistance with the application process, filing of the NGO registration application, preparation of all necessary documents, and end-to-end support. Our team of experts has extensive knowledge and experience in NGO registration, and we are committed to providing high-quality and reliable NGO registration services to organizations in Bangalore. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our NGO registration experts and get started with NGO registration for your organization.