An Overview of NGO Registration in Delhi NCR
NGO registration is essential for organizations looking to work for the welfare and betterment of society. In Delhi/NCR, NGOs are registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, the Indian Trusts Act, 1882, or the Companies Act, 2013. Registration is necessary for an NGO to receive funding, operate legally, and be compliant with all the necessary regulations.
Criteria for NGO Registration
The following criteria must be met for NGO registration in Delhi/NCR:
- The NGO must have a clear purpose and objective to work for the welfare of society.
- The NGO must be run by a board of members and have a constitution or bylaws.
- The NGO must not be involved in any illegal or unethical practices.
Required Documents for NGO Registration
The following documents are required for NGO registration in Delhi/NCR:
- Memorandum of Association and Rules & Regulations of the organization
- Identity and address proof of all board members
- PAN Card of the organization
- NOC from the landlord of the registered office space
- Electricity bill or other utility bill for the registered office space
- Affidavit from the president or secretary of the NGO
- Bank account details of the NGO
Process for NGO Registration
The process for NGO registration in Delhi/NCR involves the following steps:
- Choose a suitable name for the NGO and check for availability with the Registrar of Societies.
- Prepare the Memorandum of Association and Rules & Regulations of the organization.
- Obtain the necessary documents and prepare the application for NGO registration.
- Submit the application with the Registrar of Societies or the Registrar of Companies.
- Wait for examination and objections, if any, by the issuing authority.
- Receive the certificate of registration from the Registrar of Societies or the Registrar of Companies.
Validity of NGO Registration
The validity of NGO registration in Delhi/NCR varies depending on the type of registration and the jurisdiction of the issuing authority. Societies registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, and trusts registered under the Indian Trusts Act, 1882, are generally considered to be permanent. However, NGOs registered under the Companies Act, 2013, must renew their registration annually.
Swarit Advisors Support
Registering your NGO is an essential step to work for the welfare and betterment of society. At Swarit Advisors, we understand the importance of NGO registration and provide complete assistance to organizations looking to register their NGO in Delhi/NCR. Our team of experts has extensive knowledge and experience in NGO registration, and we offer a wide range of services to meet your NGO registration needs. At Swarit Advisors, we are committed to providing high-quality and reliable NGO registration services to organizations in Delhi/NCR. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our NGO registration experts and get started with NGO registration for your organization.