An Overview of NGO Registration in Hyderabad
NGO registration is mandatory for organizations seeking to work for the betterment of society. In Hyderabad, NGOs are registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, the Indian Trusts Act, 1882, or the Companies Act, 2013. NGO registration is essential for an organization to operate legally, receive funding, and be compliant with all regulations.
Criteria for NGO Registration
The following criteria must be met for NGO registration in Hyderabad:
- The NGO must have a clear objective and purpose to work for the betterment of society.
- The NGO must have a constitution or bylaws and be run by a board of members.
- The NGO must not be involved in any illegal or unethical practices.
Required Documents for NGO Registration
The following documents are required for NGO registration in Hyderabad:
- Memorandum of Association and Rules & Regulations of the organization
- Identity and address proof of all board members
- PAN Card of the organization
- NOC from the landlord of the registered office space
- Electricity bill or other utility bill for the registered office space
- Affidavit from the president or secretary of the NGO
- Bank account details of the NGO
Process for NGO Registration
The process for NGO registration in Hyderabad involves the following steps:
- Select a suitable name for the NGO and check for availability with the Registrar of Societies.
- Prepare the Memorandum of Association and Rules & Regulations of the organization.
- Obtain the necessary documents and prepare the application for NGO registration.
- Submit the application with the Registrar of Societies or the Registrar of Companies.
- Wait for examination and objections, if any, by the issuing authority.
- Receive the certificate of registration from the Registrar of Societies or the Registrar of Companies.
Validity of NGO Registration
The validity of NGO registration in Hyderabad varies depending on the type of registration and the jurisdiction of the issuing authority. Societies registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, and trusts registered under the Indian Trusts Act, 1882, are generally considered to be permanent. However, NGOs registered under the Companies Act, 2013, must renew their registration annually.
Swarit Advisors Support
If you are looking to register an NGO in Hyderabad, Swarit Advisors can help you with the process. We provide end-to-end assistance for NGO registration, including guidance on the application process, filing of the NGO registration application, preparation of all necessary documents, and end-to-end support. Our team of experts has extensive knowledge and experience in NGO registration, and we are committed to providing high-quality and reliable NGO registration services to organizations in Hyderabad. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our NGO registration experts and get started with NGO registration for your organization.