An Overview of NGO Registration in Mumbai
NGO registration is mandatory for organizations looking to work for the betterment of society. In Mumbai, NGOs are registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, the Indian Trusts Act, 1882, or the Companies Act, 2013. NGO registration is essential to receive funding, operate legally, and comply with all necessary regulations.
Criteria for NGO Registration
The following criteria must be met for NGO registration in Mumbai:
- The NGO must have a clear purpose and objective to work for the welfare of society.
- The NGO must be run by a board of members and have a constitution or bylaws.
- The NGO must not be involved in any illegal or unethical practices.
Required Documents for NGO Registration
The following documents are required for NGO registration in Mumbai:
- Memorandum of Association and Rules & Regulations of the organization
- Identity and address proof of all board members
- PAN Card of the organization
- NOC from the landlord of the registered office space
- Electricity bill or other utility bill for the registered office space
- Affidavit from the president or secretary of the NGO
- Bank account details of the NGO
Process for NGO Registration
The process for NGO registration in Mumbai involves the following steps:
- Choose a suitable name for the NGO and check for availability with the Registrar of Societies.
- Prepare the Memorandum of Association and Rules & Regulations of the organization.
- Obtain the necessary documents and prepare the application for NGO registration.
- Submit the application with the Registrar of Societies or the Registrar of Companies.
- Wait for examination and objections, if any, by the issuing authority.
- Receive the certificate of registration from the Registrar of Societies or the Registrar of Companies.
Validity of NGO Registration
The validity of NGO registration in Mumbai varies depending on the type of registration and the jurisdiction of the issuing authority. Societies registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, and trusts registered under the Indian Trusts Act, 1882, are generally considered to be permanent. However, NGOs registered under the Companies Act, 2013, must renew their registration annually.
Swarit Advisors Support
As a socially responsible citizen, you may have a desire to create a positive impact in your community through the establishment of an NGO in Mumbai. However, navigating the legal requirements for NGO registration can be a time-consuming and overwhelming task. That's where Swarit Advisors comes in. With our end-to-end support for NGO registration, we can provide assistance with the entire application process, from filing the application to preparing all necessary documents, and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations.
Our team of experienced experts has a wealth of knowledge in NGO registration and is dedicated to providing reliable and high-quality services to organizations in Mumbai. By working with us, you can be assured of a smooth and hassle-free registration process, allowing you to focus on your passion for making a positive impact in your community. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our NGO registration experts and take the first step towards registering your non-profit organization.