An Overview of NGO Registration in Pune
NGO registration is essential for organizations looking to work for the welfare and betterment of society. In Pune, NGOs are registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, the Indian Trusts Act of 1882, or the Companies Act of 2013. Registration is necessary for an NGO to receive funding, operate legally, and be compliant with all the necessary regulations.
Criteria for NGO Registration
The following criteria must be met for NGO registration in Pune:
- The NGO must have a clear purpose and objective to work for the welfare of society.
- The NGO must be run by a board of members and have a constitution or bylaws.
- The NGO must not be involved in any illegal or unethical practices.
Required Documents for NGO Registration
The following documents are required for NGO registration in Pune:
- Memorandum of Association and Rules & Regulations of the organization
- Identity and address proof of all board members
- PAN Card of the organization
- NOC from the landlord of the registered office space
- Electricity bill or other utility bill for the registered office space
- Affidavit from the president or secretary of the NGO
- Bank account details of the NGO
Process for NGO Registration
The process for NGO registration in Pune involves the following steps:
- Choose a suitable name for the NGO and check for availability with the Registrar of Societies.
- Prepare the Memorandum of Association and Rules & Regulations of the organization.
- Obtain the necessary documents and prepare the application for NGO registration.
- Submit the application with the Registrar of Societies or the Registrar of Companies.
- Wait for examination and objections, if any, by the issuing authority.
- Receive the certificate of registration from the Registrar of Societies or the Registrar of Companies.
Validity of NGO Registration
The validity of NGO registration in Pune varies depending on the type of registration and the jurisdiction of the issuing authority. Societies registered under the Societies Registration Act of 1860, and trusts registered under the Indian Trusts Act of 1882, are generally considered to be permanent. However, NGOs registered under the Companies Act 2013 must renew their registration annually.
Swarit Advisors Support
Registering your NGO is a vital measure towards working for the betterment and welfare of society. At Swarit Advisors, we acknowledge the significance of NGO registration and offer comprehensive support to organizations seeking to register their NGO in Pune. Our team of experts possesses extensive knowledge and experience in NGO registration and provides a diverse range of services to cater to your NGO registration needs. We are dedicated to delivering dependable and high-quality NGO registration services to organizations in Pune. Connect with us today to schedule a consultation with one of our NGO registration experts and commence the process of registering your organization's NGO.