NGO Registration in Rajasthan
Rajasthan is the largest state in India. As a State, Rajasthan is making great progress in significant areas such as entrepreneurship, service, tourism, agro-based industries etc. However, still, a large number of people are deprived of development and societal wellbeing. Therefore there is a need for NGO registration in Rajasthan for poverty alleviation, education of the masses, women empowerment, protection of the environment etc. The NGO registration in Rajasthan can be completed in the following manner:
- NGOs created as a trust under the Indian Trust Act
- NGO registered as a Society under the Societies Registration Act
- NGO created as per the provisions of the Companies Act,2013
Types of NGO Registration in Rajasthan
- NGO created as Trust: An NGO can be created as a Trust under the provisions of the Indian Trust Act. The person (author) who wants to make sure that his property is used for charitable purposes. Must make a trust deed. This trust should mention which person shall be the trustees of the property (Trustees look after the property and its disbursement). Along with this, the author must also mention the final beneficiaries for whom the trust is created. The trusts usually carry out charitable activities such as promoting education, health, sports, arts and skill development programs.
- NGO created as a Society: The second manner in which the NGO can be created is by registering your NGO as a society under the Societies Registration Act. Societies are created by a group of people. These people voluntarily pool their resources to further the objective of society. The society's membership is limited, and each member is liable in proportion to their investment in the society.
- NGO created as a Section 8 Company: This is the most popular method for registration of NGO. An NGO can be registered as a Public or private limited company under the provisions of the Companies act of 2013. Section 8 of the companies act states that a company can be established to foster the objectives of charity, research, religion, education, art and sports. Whatever money earned through the NGO cannot be divided amongst the members. The income must be reinvested back in the NGO.
Pre-requisite NGO Registration in Rajasthan
Pre-requisite for NGO Registration as trust in Rajasthan
- a minimum of three members are needed for trust.
- Out of the three members, at least one must be from Rajasthan.
- It should be written on stamp paper of appropriate value
- Rules and regulations of the trust me defined
- The name of the trust should be finalised
- The charitable Purpose of the trust should be defined.
- The duration of the trust should be decided.
Pre-requisite for NGO Registration as a Society Registration
- Pre-requisites for NGO Registration as a Society
- A minimum of 7 members are required for society registration
- The members must decide who shall be the
- Society must state its objective like education for children, poverty alleviation etc.
- The name of the society must be decided.
- Subscription to be charged from the Members, both initial and annual.
- If the society works to function only in Rajasthan, then at least four members from distinct districts are required.
Pre-requisites for NGO registration as a Section 8 Company:
- A Minimum of two directors are required to start a Section 8 NGO
- A minimum of two shareholders/members are also required.
- The Ngo must state the proposed objective and the grounds on which the work shall be done.
- The name of the Company must be decided. It should refrain from using words such as chambers, association etc.
- The MOA and AOA must be prepared.
- The NGO must obtain a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC).
Documents required for NGO registration in Rajasthan
- ID proof of the author
- ID proof of trustees
- Documents showing ownership of property, rent Agreement in case of the rented property.
- Address proof of the registered office.
- Passport-size photographs of the authors and trustees
- Presence of Two witnesses
- Signature of the author on every page of the deed.
- PAN card of all the members of the society must be submitted
- A valid proof of residence must be shown. Documents such as aadhaar card, driving license, bank statement, passport or any utility bill can be used.
- Society's Memorandum of association.
- Documents specifying the Rules and Bye-laws of the society.
- Cover letter (this letter states the objects and purposes for which the society is registered)
- Documents for the official address of the society
- A detailed list of all the members.
For Section 8 Company:
- Obtain a Digital signature certificate (DSC)
- Obtain Director Identification Number (DIN)
- Memorandum of Association
- Articles of Association
- ID proof of all the members
- Documents showing details of the directors
Address proof of the office
Procedure for NGO Registration in Rajasthan
- The creation of a trust deed must be made on the stamp paper of appropriate value.
- The author must sign all the pages of the trust deed.
- Photograph and ID proof of the settlor and trustees must be submitted.
- Trust deed must be submitted along with the copies to the local registrar in Rajasthan
- Two witnesses must be present who should also carry their id proof. The registrar shall verify the documents and ask them to sign it.
- The applicant must pay the fee for registration.
- After the scrutiny of the application, the registrar shall register the deed.
- Choose an appropriate name for your society.
- Prepare the Society's Memorandum of Association.
- Attach all the relevant documents as mentioned above.
- Documents specifying details of the general body of the society.
- Details of all the members of the society.
- Once the registration is completed, the society shall be granted the certificate of registration.
For Section 8 Company:
- Applicant must obtain the DSC
- Next, a suitable name must be finalised through the SPICE+ portal
- Submission of SPICE+ Part A (this form includes documents such as DIN etc.)
- Submission of SPICE+ Part B (This includes documents such as AoA, MoA and forms such as INC-9 and URC-1)
- Final application check and submission of fees
- If the authorities are satisfied, a Certificate of Incorporation shall be granted.