An Overview of NGO Registration in Surat
Surat is a bustling city in the state of Gujarat, India, known for its vibrant textile and diamond industries. It is also home to a growing number of non-profit organizations working towards social welfare, education, healthcare, and other noble causes. NGO registration in Surat is a vital step towards ensuring legal compliance and receiving funding for their programs and initiatives. NGOs can register themselves under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, the Indian Trusts Act, 1882, or the Companies Act, 2013, and gain access to a network of resources and collaborations in the city. Registering their NGOs in Surat allows organizations to contribute to the city's growth and development while making a positive impact on the community.
Criteria for NGO Registration
To be eligible for NGO registration in Surat, the organization must meet the following criteria:
- The NGO must have a clear and defined purpose that is aimed at promoting social welfare, charity, or any other noble cause.
- The NGO must operate in Surat or have plans to operate within the city.
- The NGO must have a minimum of three members who will act as the governing body of the organization.
- The NGO must have a proper governing document, such as a memorandum of association and articles of association, which outlines the objectives and rules of the organization.
Required Documents for NGO Registration
The following documents are required for NGO registration in Surat:
- Memorandum of Association (MOA)
- Articles of Association (AOA)
- Identity and address proof of all the members of the governing body
- Proof of address of the NGO
- PAN card of the NGO
- NOC from the landlord or property owner where the NGO will operate (if the NGO does not own the property)
Process for NGO Registration
The process for NGO registration in Surat is as follows:
- Drafting the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Obtaining the digital signature of the governing body members
- Applying for Director Identification Number (DIN) and Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)
- Filing the NGO registration application with the Registrar of Companies (ROC)
- Issuance of NGO registration certificate by the ROC
Validity of NGO Registration
Once registered, an NGO in Surat remains valid as long as it complies with all legal requirements and regulations. NGOs are required to file annual returns and maintain proper records to ensure their validity.
Swarit Advisors Support
At Swarit Advisors, we have a team of experts who are well-versed in the legal requirements and regulations for NGO registration in Surat. We understand that the process of registering an NGO can be complex, which is why we provide comprehensive assistance to ensure that your organization is fully compliant with all necessary criteria. Our team will guide you through every step of the registration process, including preparing and filing the application, obtaining the necessary documents, and obtaining the registration certificate from the Registrar of Companies (ROC). In addition to our assistance with the registration process, we also provide ongoing support to ensure that your NGO remains compliant with all legal requirements and regulations. Our team can assist with filing annual returns, maintaining proper records, and addressing any legal or regulatory issues that may arise. Our ultimate goal is to help your NGO make a positive impact on the community, and we are committed to providing the necessary support to make that happen.