An Overview of Rubber Board License
The Indian Government had composed a statutory body called the Rubber Board under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry to help the Government implement the Rubber Act 1947. The Rubber Board guide the Central Government in the rubber industry. Under the present Rubber Act & Rules exemption, rubber transactions are regulated through Rubber Board licensing. The Board obtains various licenses, including the Dealers' License, processors' licenses, and manufacturers' licenses. The Dealers' and the processors' licenses are grants from the Board's Head Quarters at Kottayam.
Rubber Act of 1947
The Rubber Act was established in 1947 to promote natural rubber, a planned product, entrusting the task to the Rubber Board. Since then, the industry has expanded to comprise 8.22 lakh hectares of cultivation & 13.2 lakh small cultivating units. The alive of the Rubber Board, the licensing system, research, subsidies, extension, replanting, control over the import & export and a host of other support systems depend on this Act.
Functions of Rubber Board in India
The Indian Government constituted the Rubber Board for the all-inclusive development of the rubber industry in India. The functions of this Board, as explained under the Rubber Act 1947, are as follows:
- Services for small, large, and Rubber Producer Societies (RPS).
- Benefits for the business communities include dealers, processors, exporters, importers and manufacturers.
- HRD-related services such as training and development, labour welfare services, etc.
- Information dissemination & grievance redressed.
- Setting up information & knowledge hub on rubber.
- Automating & aligning the internal processes.
- ICT enables its subordinate officers & rubber producer’s societies for empowerment.
Type of Rubber Board License
There are three types of Rubber Board License:-
- Dealer License (Form B)- need by those dealing in rubber;
- Processor License (Form B1)- need by those who want to acquire rubber for processing and for selling it;
- Manufacturer License (Form D)- need by those who wish to purchase or receive rubber.
Apart from these, another category is called "Others- Special Authorization" for acquiring natural rubber.
Documents Required to Apply For Rubber Board License
- In case of a Proprietorship or Partnership or Pvt.Ltd or Co-operative society- Proof of ownership of the firm;
- PAN Card & Aadhar Card of the owner of the firm;
- License copy, in case of rubber license, held previously;
- The total amount of rubber purchased & sold during the previous five years.
Procedure for obtaining Rubber Board License
The process may differ according to the type of the license. We have provided the licensing process for each type of license:
- Dealer License
Anyone who wants to deal in rubber must apply for the Dealer's license in Form B. The application and an affidavit, attested photograph of the applicant and documentary proof prove the applicant’s right to possess the proposed business premises and storage by the applicant. Besides, a sum towards the license fee needs to dispatch. Such amount can post by demand draft drawn in favour of the Deputy Director, Rubber Board, payable at Kochi, money order, or cash.
- Processor License
Those who want to get
Rubber for processing & sell it shall apply for a license in Form B1. The application must be submitted along with an affidavit in the prescribed Form and a copy of the project report. Besides, a sum toward the s license fee requires to dispatch.
- Manufacturer License
Anyone who wants to purchase or acquire rubber must apply to the Board in Form D along with supporting documents. This license is issued to obtain a specific amount of rubber and should renew the license every year.
Obligations of licensees
According to the Rubber Act and the Rules made thereby provide that the license holder should submit statutory in the prescribed forms to the Board:-
- Every licensed Dealer require to submit a valid & correct monthly return in Form H2 and L, giving the information of the rubber stock acquired, held or disposed of by him;
- Every licensed processor is required to submit an accurate & correct monthly return in Form H3 and Form L1, giving the details of the rubber acquired, held, and used for processing;
- Every manufacturer must submit a true and correct monthly return in Form K & Form L, giving the information of the rubber stock, and an annual return also in Form K1 providing the information on the use of different kinds of rubber. Such a return should reach the Board on or before April 30 of the succeeding year.
- The licensees must keep and maintain accurate and correct accounts in respect of their business and furnish them before the concerned officers of the Board for inspection on don-demand.
Revocation Provision for Rubber Board License
These licenses introduced above can revoke if the Board believes that acquired the license by misrepresentation of facts/fraud or in case the licensee fails to submit the returns or violates any norms & conditions of the permit issued by the Board. Can initiate the prosecution in case of violation of the provisions of the Rubber Act.
How Will SWARIT Advisors Help You?
We at SWARIT Advisors have a team of dedicated and expert professionals who will help you get a rubber board license if you are willing to deal in rubber. We will provide Complete assistance in the application filing process and an advisory on the same. So, contact swarit advisors as soon as possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
You must apply to Rubber Board in Form No B to get a Dealer's licence. The Dy will issue the licence. Director (ED), Rubber Board Sub-Office, Willingdon Island, Kochi.
Yes, ahead with the application, you have to pay Rs 750/- towards Board’s Account as application fee + processing charges for three years since the Board is issuing Dealers licence initially for three years only. After that, I will renew the license for five years for the prescribed fee.
No, the Dealer's license is not transferable.
Natural rubber is a controlled commodity. The control is made effective by issuing licenses prescribed by the rubber Act.
The sales tax department in the concerned state levies the sales tax according to the prevailing tax structure. You may correct with local sales tax authorities.