An Overview of Trademark Registration in Punjab
Trademark Registration permits the use of logos, words, names, or symbols that represent a business or products that are provided by the business or company. These marks are used by companies or businesses to differentiate between the products & services that are given by a business from the goods provided by their competitors. Once a firm gets Trademark Registration, no other company or organisation uses the symbols or logos as long as the Trademarks remain in use. Swarit Advisors has helped a lot of companies or businesses to obtain Trademark Registration in Punjab. As the process of Trademark Registration is boring, and it requires proper guidance. Our professionals will give you proper guidance when it comes to Trademark Registration in Punjab.
Controller General of Designs, Patents & Trademarks has classified products and services under 45 Trademark Classes. Your application for Trademark Registration must mention the class or classes that the products or services represent. The Trademarks are registered only under those classes. The professions at Swarit Advisors will aid you to find the most valid class. For each class, an individual Trademark application is filed by paying the prescribed Government fee.
Some popular Trademark Classes are:
- Trademark Class 25 – for clothing, footwear.
- Trademark Class 42 – for scientific, computer-related services and other technological services.
- Trademark Class 35 - for business management and advertising services.
Who is eligible for Trademark Registration in Punjab?
An application for Trademark Registration in Punjab can be filed by private firms, individuals, NGOs, LLPs, companies. In the case of companies, NGOs, or LLPs, the Trademark has to be applied for registration in the name of the proposed business.
Benefits of Trademark Registration in Punjab
Following are some vital benefits of Trademark Registration in Punjab:
- Trademarks make it easy for consumers to recognise you;
- Trademarks are an efficient communication tool, and they speak for themselves;
- Trademarks are valuable assets & they keep increasing exponentially over time;
- Trademarks safeguard your brand & goodwill, goods & services. They give individuality to your brand;
- Trademarks allow companies or organisations to utilise the power of social media & the internet efficiently;
- It protects the investment in branding and advertisement;
- Protects against unfair competition;
- Trademark Registration in Punjab is valid for ten years.
Different Trademark Application Forms
A Trademark Registration Application must be made on the proper Trademark application form to avoid rejection by a Trademark Officer. Based on the nature of filing the Trademark application, the type of Trademark application form differs. Following are the different types of Trademark application forms:
- Form TM-1: The application for Trademark Registration for goods or services included in any one class.
- Form TM-2: Trademark application for goods or services included in any one class and with priority claim under Section 154.
- Form TM-3: Trademark application for Collective Mark for products or services comprised in any one class.
- Form TM-4: Application for Trademark Registration of Certification Mark for goods or services comprised in any one class.
- Form TM-8: A Trademark application to register a series of Trademarks under the specification of goods or services comprised in a class or classes.
- Form TM-37: An application form to register a series of Trademarks under the specification of goods or services comprised in classes or a class, with priority claim under Section 154.
- Form TM-51: An application for Trademark Registration for different classes of products or services.
- Form TM-52: A single Trademark application for different classes of goods or services & with priority claim under Section 154.
- Form-64: An application for registration of Collective mark for goods or services comprised in any one class with priority claim under Section 154.
- Form-65: Trademark application of registration of Certification mark for goods or services comprised in any one class with priority claim under Section 154.
- Form-66: A single registration application for Collective Mark for different classes of goods or services.
- Form-67: A single registration application for Collective Mark for different classes of goods or services with priority claim under Section 154.
- Form-68: A single registration application for Certification Mark for different classes of goods or services.
- Form-69: A single registration application for Certification Mark for different classes of goods or services with priority claim under Section 154.
Documents Required for Trademark Registration in Punjab
Following are some vital documents required for Trademark Registration in Punjab:
- Identity proof of the Trademark owner;
- Address proof;
- PAN Card;
- Aadhar Card;
- In the case of an LLP or Private Limited Company, submit Certification of Incorporation;
- Udyog Aadhar Registration;
- A detailed description of products or services represented by the Trademark;
- A Power of Attorney in Form TM-48 (a form of the authorisation of an agent) must be signed by the proposed applicant.
Procedure for Trademark Registration in Punjab
The procedure for Trademark Registration in Punjab is as follows:
Step 1: Trademark Search: Before filing a Trademark Application, it is vital to conduct a detailed search of Trademark. A Trademark should be original and unique; if similar Trademarks are available, then it will give you an idea to modify or later your Trademark accordingly and will able to avoid any Trademark Litigation. Our team of professionals at Swarit Advisors will help you in Trademark Search with various searching tools.
Step 2: Filing of Trademark Application: Once you select the Trademark Search, then you can proceed further with registering your Trademark chosen. You can file the application online at the official website. On filing the Trademark application, a generation of the official receipt for future reference takes place. However, you can also track the Trademark application status online.
Step 3: Examination of Trademark Application: After filing the Trademark application, the Examiner will examine and file a Trademark application. However, the acceptance of the Trademark application totally depends on the results of the examination, which could be conditionally or object.
Step 4: Trademark Publication: If anyone objects to the Trademark Registration, you have the opportunity to challenge the same. If, after 3-4 months from publication, there is no opposition, the process further moves. In case of objection, there will be a fair hearing, and a decision by the Trademark Registrar is scheduled.
Step 5: Registration Certification: When the Trademark application proceeds for the registration, after the publication in Trademark Journal, a certificate will be issued.
Step 6: Trademark Renewal: The Trademark is renewed every ten years. And it will make sure the protection of your Trademark reputation continually.